Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

attribute selection /A:= does not show T

May
I saw this in copy and attribute commands.
I type for example attribute /A:= and it appears the dialogue box that lets me choose attributes.
For each one, it shows the parameter in the command line format, but for Temporary it does not show the T. If I choose other attributes, it shows also the T, but not when I use it alone.

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

I'm curious -- why do you want to set the Temporary attribute? I've never found any reason for its existence.
I it is not a specific issue, I am simply experimenting with attrib command and attributes and I found this "issue".

Also, if I use "attrib /A:=", without anything else, and I choose Read only, I expect to see only files with the R attribute, as if I had specified /A:R, instead it shows all files.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

I'm curious -- why do you want to set the Temporary attribute? I've never found any reason for its existence.
In some file systems files marked Temporary would be automatically deleted when not accessed for some minimum duration, but no version of NTFS does that. However, one could easily write a TCC batch file to do just that, and thus utilize the T attribute.