Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Assorted trivial issues

Charles Dye

Super Moderator
May
Staff member
All of these are long-standing, and presumably of very low importance since nobody seems to have ever noticed them. In some cases a doc fix might be preferable to a code fix.

@INODE -- always returns 00000000:00000000 for subdirectories.

@SUMMARY -- returns nonsense for the "Edit Time" field. (The filetime in this case is a duration, not a UTC time to be translated.)

@SUMMARY -- setting a value returns "0", presumably to indicate success, but doesn't seem to actually do anything. Looks like this feature did work back in v13, broke in v14.

@ERRTEXT -- can return strings containing newlines and/or trailing spaces. I don't know that this is "wrong" -- the help file never says it won't -- but it seems awkward and easy to fix.

@SUMMARY -- returns nonsense for the "Edit Time" field. (The filetime in this case is a duration, not a UTC time to be translated.)

@SYSTEMTIME also appears to be applying time-zone correction to durations. In v16 this can lead to the peculiar result of negative durations. (v17 at least returns the results unsigned.)

@INODE -- always returns 00000000:00000000 for subdirectories.

WAD. Did you want it to return an error instead?

Fixed in 17.0.76.

@SUMMARY -- setting a value returns "0", presumably to indicate success, but doesn't seem to actually do anything. Looks like this feature did work back in v13, broke in v14.

Fixed in 17.0.76.

@ERRTEXT -- can return strings containing newlines and/or trailing spaces. I don't know that this is "wrong" -- the help file never says it won't -- but it seems awkward and easy to fix.

WAD - @ERRTEXT returns the Windows error text, as-is. I don't think it'd be a good idea for TCC to change the text.

WAD. Did you want it to return an error instead?

No, I expected it to return the inode of the subdirectory. Aren't you using GetFileInformationByHandle()?

But clearly nobody ever uses @INODE for subdirectories. Does anybody ever use @INODE at all? Like the rest of the list, this is just FYI.