Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Arithmatic on a sub's parameters

Apr
The description of the SET command states:
/A interprets non numeric strings in value as environment variable names whether or not preceded by a percent sign

When the environment variables are a sub's parameters that is not true.

Regards, DJ.

I don't believe GOSUB args are environment variables. Perhaps the docs could stand to be clearer on the point, but I don't think this is a bona-fide bug.

Before someone writes WAD here, let's agree that although the de facto implementation of the current technical design may indeed be correct, that doesn't make that same design in any way intuitive, sensible or user friendly.

If correctness of an implementation - given a technical design - is the criterium for being deemed "bona-fide" and the user does not have access to or influence on that design, reporting bugs will be a guessing game at best and should be removed from the forums user interface as a misleading feature.

Regards, DJ.

Before someone writes WAD here, let's agree that although the de facto implementation of the current technical design may indeed be correct, that doesn't make that same design in any way intuitive, sensible or user friendly.

Sorry, DJ. I'm not trying to be an ass; that just kinda happens.