Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ANSI

May
Much of ANSI (builtin TCC and TCMD via ANSI32.DLL) is working better with build 36. I was playing with the line-drawing characters. It seems the pair ^e(0 and ^e(B are equivalent to SI and SO (shift in, shift out, ^N and ^O).
1516509994021.png

When I do that in TCMD, something odd happens. I'm using a mono-spaced font (Andale Mono, as in the console above), and the three output lines below each have 26 characters but quite different lengths. How did the unprintable symbol (the box) get so tiny?

1516510411552.png

The ANSI code didn't change in build 36.

You're changing the character set (SCS - Designate G0 character set).
Yes, but there's a mixture of fonts there. The characters from the alternate charset are monospaced and the unprintables are of a different size.

Not reproducible here. I get identical results in TCMD with TCMD's ANSI and Windows 10 console ANSI.

The printing of the characters is done by Windows APIs. You might want to contact Microsoft directly if you have a need to print unprintable characters in a different character set. Or switch to a different font.

Not reproducible here. I get identical results in TCMD with TCMD's ANSI and Windows 10 console ANSI.

The printing of the characters is done by Windows APIs. You might want to contact Microsoft directly if you have a need to print unprintable characters in a different character set. Or switch to a different font.
What do you see? Do you get those unprintables mono-spaced and the same size as the other characters?

And what is the G0 character set? Is it defined anywhere?

And unless you've got a bunch of VAX apps that you want to port over to Windows, I can't imagine why you'd spend any time with it. Which is why it's not documented, and not supported.
What, exactly, is not supported?

@vefatica a: it would be much easier if you just tell us what you want to achieve, instead of trying to print random characters just out of curiocity.
These things were said in another thread. I just want to figure out what works, and how.
It only "worked" because prior versions of TCC didn't implement the full x3.64 set.
<ESC>M (reverse index)
<ESC>c (reset)
<ESC>^ (privacy message)
Are those and the others you mentioned documented in the help?
They're standard ANSI x3.64.
Yes, and I've had dozens of requests to support all the VT100 sequences when not using the Windows 10 console ANSI.