Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Allow single stepping within a command group

Mar
I'm new here and have lots of vanilla command files, some of which are quite large. I've always made it my practice to use parentheses to group commands (with indentation) to improve readability. But then I port something to Take Command and find to my dismay that I can't single step within a command group. Please relax this restriction.

Keep in mind that TCC is basically a super-pumped-up version of CMD. If MS had continued active development of COMMAND.COM for 35 years, TCC is what CMD would look like today.

TCC deliberately tries to maintain compatibility with CMD as much as reasonably possible. Something like parentheses to set off command groups would be a significant divergence.

Keep in mind that TCC is basically a super-pumped-up version of CMD. If MS had continued active development of COMMAND.COM for 35 years, TCC is what CMD would look like today.

TCC deliberately tries to maintain compatibility with CMD as much as reasonably possible. Something like parentheses to set off command groups would be a significant divergence.

I don't understand what you are saying. CMD supports parentheses for grouping commands, as does TCC.

Back