Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Done Allow Selection for History/Dirhistory Window

Aug
Hi,

the (dir)history window is nice, but unfortunately works only very basically. Could you add support to mark multiple lines for deletion or copy? Also, it's very hard to use if the selected line always moves to the end after a deletion.

Best, Chris

Yeh. I think the OP is referring to the scrolling that occurs after a deletion. Meaning if you delete something from the middle of the pop-up display, the next item highlighted is scrolled to the end of the box.
I personally don't see a problem but the scrolling may be confusing to others. :rolleyes:

Thanks rps. Yes, that is what I meant.

I often want to delete multiple lines, but the window is scrolling (i.e. there is too much content to be shown in one window). Since I can not mark multiple lines and then delete them (which would be another nice feature), I often have to press DEL multiple times, but after deleting the first line the window scrolls so the selected line is at the bottom of the screen. Thus, I cannot see how many more lines to delete. It would be much easier and less confusing if, after a deletion, the window would not scroll.

Thanks rps. Yes, that is what I meant.

I often want to delete multiple lines, but the window is scrolling (i.e. there is too much content to be shown in one window). Since I can not mark multiple lines and then delete them (which would be another nice feature), I often have to press DEL multiple times, but after deleting the first line the window scrolls so the selected line is at the bottom of the screen. Thus, I cannot see how many more lines to delete. It would be much easier and less confusing if, after a deletion, the window would not scroll.[/QUOTE]

Back on 10 Aug. 2017 I suggested edit enhancements to the history window. If you're interested the subject is "Command History edit additions".
Since then no one has commented or supported the suggestion.