Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

All my old TCMDs start slowly

May
TCMD 16 takes a second (or a little less) to start. That's roughly what I'm accustomed to going back to v11. But now all versions prior to 16 take 4-5 seconds to start. This behavior is pretty new. I'm sure v15 was starting quickly a week ago.

I've been at this for two days. All my previous versions of TCMD still start very slowly (4-5 sec.). They did not always behave that way. Nothing seems to change it (no INI file ... no reg key ... I tried plenty of things). Does anyone else experience this ... have any ideas?

Even just plain TCC (and 4NT) versions can be slow. I use a small batch file with a command like jpr 14 to start v14 with all the version-appropriate bells and whistles, and I observed several second long starts, but not kept track of which vs. how long.

Even just plain TCC (and 4NT) versions can be slow. I use a small batch file with a command like jpr 14 to start v14 with all the version-appropriate bells and whistles, and I observed several second long starts, but not kept track of which vs. how long.
All my TCC's are downright fast, well under 1/10 second to start. With my slow TCMDs (all but v16) the TCC (for my one default tab) doesn't start until the end of the 4-5 second start-up time.

After the upgrade to build 41, all my old TCMD.EXEs start up normally, that is, as fast as the used to. Rex, do you have any idea why they were starting slowly and is there anything you might have done that affected that (caused it in the first place, and corrected it)? I've done nothing significant ... haven't even rebooted since the day this thread began.

Have you tried checking with Process Monitor (or similar tool) while the slow TCMD is starting?

That should show where the delay comes from.

After the upgrade to build 41, all my old TCMD.EXEs start up normally, that is, as fast as the used to. Rex, do you have any idea why they were starting slowly and is there anything you might have done that affected that (caused it in the first place, and corrected it)? I've done nothing significant ... haven't even rebooted since the day this thread began.

I have no idea why they were starting slowly. Nothing in build 41 would have affected the startup speed.

Have you tried checking with Process Monitor (or similar tool) while the slow TCMD is starting?

That should show where the delay comes from.
Darn! I have ProcessMonitor and forgot all about it ... didn't even remember what it did. It would be nice to know why that happened. I guess I'll just hope it happens again.