Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A just-out-of-curiosity question because it's ...

May
... got an easy workaround. My TCStart.btm file used to have a statement "Set TitlePrompt=PID %_PID %@IF[%_X64 == 1,64,32]-bit". However, that recently stopped working entirely (I don't know exactly when). However, it does have an easy workaround (Title PID %_PID %@IF[%_X64 == 1,64,32]-bit), but I'm really curious while "Set TitlePrompt=..." no longer works.

It didn't stop working here. Are you using TakeCommand?
"If you have specified a title for a startup tab in Take Command, it will override the TITLEPROMPT value."

Vince, I have never "manually" edited the TCMD.ini file (I only use the "option" dialog), I don't see any entry in the TCMD.INI file for the title for a startup tab (nor do I see a way to set it in the option dialog; it is doubtful that I have ever done that) and there's only one TCMD.INI file on my system (I searched all of the hard drive partitions) and that's in C:\Users\my user name\AppData\Local\JPSoft. I don't have any answer(s) other than that.

Vince, I have never "manually" edited the TCMD.ini file (I only use the "option" dialog), I don't see any entry in the TCMD.INI file for the title for a startup tab (nor do I see a way to set it in the option dialog; it is doubtful that I have ever done that) and there's only one TCMD.INI file on my system (I searched all of the hard drive partitions) and that's in C:\Users\my user name\AppData\Local\JPSoft. I don't have any answer(s) other than that.

Who said anything about manulally editing the INI file? In Take Command, Option\Configure Take Command\Tabs\ ... "Title" is the very first edit box for every pre-defined tab. If you define any tabs, the default one (COMSPEC, right above) will be suppressed.

Vince, you've really left me behind. When I type the "option" command, the options dialog that comes up doesn't have a tab (or anything else that I can find, for that matter) for "Configure Take Command", so everything you say after that point is irrelevant to me given my current state of knowledge. (I will add that this is virtual proof that I've never done anything of the sort!)

Vince, you've really left me behind. When I type the "option" command, the options dialog that comes up doesn't have a tab (or anything else that I can find, for that matter) for "Configure Take Command", so everything you say after that point is irrelevant to me given my current state of knowledge. (I will add that this is virtual proof that I've never done anything of the sort!)
I'm talking about **Take Command**. There's a menu named "Options" and on it is the option "Configure Take Command ...". Or are you **not** using Take Command (and only using TCC)?

Thank you, Vince. As I mentioned before I'm half-blind and dependent on large fonts and/or the Microsoft screen magnification app. Given that I really can't read the Take Command menu except when the mouse cursor is over the part of the menu I am interested in it's been a long time since I noticed the "option" option and had basically forgotten about it (particularly since I had assumed, incorrectly, that the "option" dialog covered the same ground).

But back to the point: I have absolutely no tabs defined in any way in the "Tabs" portion of the dialog you mentioned (how could I have given that I didn't even know it existed?). So while that sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation, it doesn't apply in my case.