Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

64-bit version use?

Jun
The 32-bit version of course works on 64-bit Windows 7. I'm just wondering what advantages the 64-bit version would have? Generally speaking, 64 bits doesn't buy you anything if the app in question doesn't need that amount of address space. So, what advantage would there be to using the 64-bit version of TCMD/TCC?

The 32-bit version of course works on 64-bit Windows 7. I'm just wondering what advantages the 64-bit version would have? Generally speaking, 64 bits doesn't buy you anything if the app in question doesn't need that amount of address space. So, what advantage would there be to using the 64-bit version of TCMD/TCC?

The 64-bit version is slightly faster with disk and screen i/o, but the main benefit is that it avoids the ugly directory & registry remapping that Windows x64 does with 32-bit apps.

rconn:
| Speedie6:
|
|| So, what advantage would there be to using the 64-bit version of
|| TCMD/TCC?
|
| The 64-bit version is slightly faster with disk and screen i/o, but
| the main benefit is that it avoids the ugly directory & registry
| remapping that Windows x64 does with 32-bit apps.

What advantage is VISIBLE to the TCC / TCMD user from the absence
of remapping?
--
Steve

The 64-bit version is slightly faster with disk and screen i/o, but the main benefit is that it avoids the ugly directory & registry remapping that Windows x64 does with 32-bit apps.

Okay, thanks. Sounds like its hardly worth the trouble having. I seem to remember a few years ago when XP 64 was still new, people asked about a 64 bit version and I think you said it was of little value over 32 bit.