Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4NT Error when running 'system' from a program to execute a .BTM

Hello !

I have a program that issues a kind of a system call, to launch an external BTM. Let's call this program the "A" program.

The program waits for the results of this BTM. This BTM on it's turn, will run another program , which is a Cobol compiler. This is the "B" program.

This worked fine but, since I migrated to another machine and reinstalled 4NT, I'm having an error when the first program, that is, the "A" program.

This problem never happened before.

I wonder if I have made something wrong on my installation here...

A screen shot of the error you can get attached.

Any suggestion ? Have you ever faced this problem ? Is this error screen coming up from 4NT itself or from Windows ?

Thanks in advance !

Hello !

I have a program that issues a kind of a system call, to launch an external BTM. Let's call this program the "A" program.

The program waits for the results of this BTM. This BTM on it's turn, will run another program , which is a Cobol compiler. This is the "B" program.

This worked fine but, since I migrated to another machine and reinstalled 4NT, I'm having an error when the first program, that is, the "A" program.

This problem never happened before.

I wonder if I have made something wrong on my installation here...

A screen shot of the error you can get attached.

Any suggestion ? Have you ever faced this problem ? Is this error screen coming up from 4NT itself or from Windows ?

Thanks in advance !

There wasn't any screen shot attached, so it's difficult to diagnose your problem.

At a guess, I'd recommend checking your PATHEXT setting and contents, to ensure that 4NT will execute .BTM files. (The default Windows PATHEXT does not include .BTM.) Also, make sure that the .BTM extension is associated with 4NT -- type "assoc .BTM" and see what it returns.

If that doesn't work, email me the screenshot directly to [email protected].

There wasn't any screen shot attached, so it's difficult to diagnose your problem.

Sorry. Emailed directly to you...

At a guess, I'd recommend checking your PATHEXT setting and contents, to ensure that 4NT will execute .BTM files. (The default Windows PATHEXT does not include .BTM.) Also, make sure that the .BTM extension is associated with 4NT -- type "assoc .BTM" and see what it returns.

ASSOC .BTM :

.btm=batfile

If that doesn't work, email me the screenshot directly to [email protected].

FTYPE batfile :

BATFILE=c:\4nt\4nt.exe "%1" %*

PATHEXT :

.BTM;.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH

On Windows Explorer, when I double click on a .BTM file, it launches 4NT correctly. Also, inside this BTM file there are specific commands, such as DELAY, that are interpreted currectly. Thus, the BTM was ran under 4NT of course.

I guess we have another type or problem, of conflict.

Thanks !