Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

20.00.25 Issues

Aug
I am using the Trial edition 20.00.25

1. [bug?] The Tab Bar does not show anything out of the box. When I added a Tab my "test" tab showed up as well as "Untitled". It seems that a single tab does not appear, you need two tab items. When I deleted one of the items, neither tab shows up. When I add back a second tab, they appear.

2. [bug?] If you delete the second tab and a button is assigned to the 1st tab, both tabs disappear, but the button stays on the tab bar.

3.When selecting on the tabbed windows and I right click, it provides an option to attach tabs. What does this suppose to do? I get an error, The handle is invalid. "AttachConsole". Please advise. What populates the "Attach Tabs" Popup window?

4. How do you recommend launching bash shell and powershell from tcc?

Thank you,
Robb

I'll help with question number 4:

In file TCMD.INI, under the section [Toolbar1], put a line like this definition for my button number 3:
Code:
B3=772,%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe,Powershell,,c:\Users\DCantor\Work,,%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

1. [bug?] The Tab Bar does not show anything out of the box. When I added a Tab my "test" tab showed up as well as "Untitled". It seems that a single tab does not appear, you need two tab items. When I deleted one of the items, neither tab shows up. When I add back a second tab, they appear.
One tab works for me in build 25, the same as in earlier versions:
TCmd20.00.25.png

Or are you talking about something else?

I am using the Trial edition 20.00.25

WAD. You have to check "VIEW / Tabbed Toolbar" and then create toolbar buttons; the toolbar does not come pre-populated.

2. [bug?] If you delete the second tab and a button is assigned to the 1st tab, both tabs disappear, but the button stays on the tab bar.

WAD. If you only have one tab on the tabbed toolbar, it doesn't display the tab label (in order to save a little screen real estate).

3.When selecting on the tabbed windows and I right click, it provides an option to attach tabs. What does this suppose to do? I get an error, The handle is invalid. "AttachConsole". Please advise. What populates the "Attach Tabs" Popup window?

This option allows you to attach an existing console window to Take Command (converting it to a tab window).

4. How do you recommend launching bash shell and powershell from tcc?

Right click on the tabbed toolbar line, select "Add button", then "Start a new window", label the button, and enter the command name (i.e., "powershell.exe" and the startup directory.

WAD. You have to check "VIEW / Tabbed Toolbar" and then create toolbar buttons; the toolbar does not come pre-populated.

Yes, I understand this.

Here I have two tabs (I had to add two for them to appear)
<See Two Tabs image>
If i delete the Test tab I see no tabs.
<See One Tab iamge>
This did not seem to make sense.
RK

Attachments

• Two Tabs.png
    Two Tabs.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 206
  • One Tab.png
    One Tab.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 203