Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

12.10 registration fails

May
I just (OPTION /U) upgraded 12.01 to 12.10.57 on my machine at work which has never seen 12.10 before

I tried to register with the info in TakeCommand.12.10.key (3 Feb 2011), the same info that's in my home computer's HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\Take Command 12.10 (5 System License, successfully registered). It failed with "User name / key combination is not valid". I tried several more times with the same result. It is contacting the server and the server is responding with "key not found".

I just (OPTION /U) upgraded 12.01 to 12.10.57 on my machine at work which has never seen 12.10 before

I tried to register with the info in TakeCommand.12.10.key (3 Feb 2011), the same info that's in my home computer's HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JP Software\Take Command 12.10 (5 System License, successfully registered). It failed with "User name / key combination is not valid". I tried several more times with the same result. It is contacting the server and the server is responding with "key not found".

OK, I get it. I successfully used the info from the email. So what's with the file TakeCommand.12.10.key (which I guess contains a coded version of the key)? Will its existence let TCC run from removable media?

You're mixing activation keys and machine keys. Use the one (activation key) that I sent you.